A newsletter will be coming out tomorrow which marks one year since I arrived in The Gambia (today marks one year since I left the US). I thought I would share a brief list of some likes and dislikes of my new country and lifestyle (this is by no means all inclusive)
- The amazing sunrises from my backyard.
- The slower pace and focus on people and relationships.
- The time with God and how my relationship with Him has grown.
- Facebook and email chats with friends
- The amount of time I get to read
- My morning coffee (so glad I brought this from the US)
- 12 volt fans
- Solar refrigerator and freezer
- The ferry and travel into the city (it is not that I actually dislike the ferry, I dislike how long the process takes)
- Slow and unreliable internet.
- The slower pace and focus on people (yes, this is listed in both columns; sometimes you just want to get the job done)
- A lack of a church family
- The heat
- All sorts of “critters” including snakes, scorpions, spiders, lizards, ants and much more.
- Communication struggles, I want to be able to go deeper with people.